Welcome to the Virginia Dept of Health Distance Learning Program !
- Distance Learning is a form of instruction that focuses on technology and instructional systems design that aims to deliver education to students who are not physically "on site".
In today's fast-paced computer age, with unknown budget restrictions,
on demand information is key to Virginia Department of Health
employees. We are committed to a program that will
keep agency employees on the leading edge of distance learning
information, technology, and resources.
Employees can access our internal VDH Web through the link to the left.
Statewide Employee Orientation Program
The Office of Human Resources in collaboration with the Office of the Commissioner is pleased to announce the implementation of an enhanced, Statewide Employee Orientation Program (SEOP). The comprehensive curriculum, which was developed for new and existing employees, is accessed through TRAIN Virginia. The curriculum currently includes courses that provide:
- An overview of VDH
- History of Public Health in VA
- Agency Mission, Vision and Goals
- Functions of Offices
- Community Health Services
- Introduction to Public Health
- Freedom of Information Act
- Core competencies for public health workers
- Cultural Sensitivity Series
- Management/leadership development curriculum for supervisors and managers
- Department of Human Resource Management's Managing Virginia Program (MVP).
VDH Employees can view this curriculum by accessing their My Training Plan in their TRAIN Virginia account. For more information on this curriculum please contact Michelle Johnson at Michelle.Johnson@vdh.virginia.gov.
Need a one stop shop for training? - TRAIN Virginia
TRAIN Users Guide | TRAIN Course Provider Guide