Maternal- Child Health:
The department offers full prenatal obstetrical and well child services. Case management services are available for high risk pregnant women and infants. Healthy Families Programs are offered in Suffolk to provide intensive support services to overburdened families with newborn children. For more information contact Marli Laudun email@example.com or call (757) 279-3074. A Nurse-Family Partnership program is offered to any women or teen that is pregnant with her first child and lives in Franklin/Isle of Wight County, Southampton County and Suffolk.
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program:
The Health Department administers this federally funded program. WIC stands for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. The Program provides nutrition education, breast feeding promotion and support, supplemental nutritious foods, counseling at WIC clinics, and screening and referrals to other health, welfare, and social services. The goal of the Program is to improve the health of pregnant women, infants and children (under 5 years) through better nutrition and access to health care. To be eligible for the WIC Program, applicants must meet categorical (Pregnant, Breastfeeding, Post partum or a child under 5 years old), residential, income and nutrition risk requirements.
Please note the following:
- Time change ONLY effects WIC Clinics at Suffolk (Downtown site), Franklin and Isle of Wight.
- Hours have ONLY changed for THURSDAY WIC Clinics.
- NEW HOURS on Thursday are 9:30am – 6:00pm. CLOSED for lunch 1:30pm-2:00pm.
- Hours on all other days remain the same.
- Western Tidewater WIC Program no longer offers Saturday hours.
- To ask questions, call (757)514-4724