Skip to content.
Mission: The Portsmouth Health Department is committed to the promotion, protection and preservation of a healthy and environmentally safe community.
Our vision is to be recognized by the public as a leader and advocate in safeguarding public health and the environment.
Core Agency Values:
- Accountability: We are committed to upholding the duties and expectations of the agency and the community.
- Compassion: We care for the emotional and physical well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We are committed to performing at the highest level while being dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Respect: We will treat each person with dignity regardless of their diverse backgrounds, perspectives or ideas.
- Communication: We will professionally deliver information in a timely, accurate and effective manner, accepting the input of others with a spirit of openness and respect.
- Community: We actively collaborate internally and through partnerships to solve problems, make decisions and achieve common goals, recognizing that our combined efforts exceed what we can accomplish individually.
- Integrity: We strive to earn and maintain trust by living up to our word, exercising personal leadership, and behaving ethically.