Agencies | Governor
Search Virginia.Gov
Protecting You and Your Environment Virginia Department of Health
Home | VDH Programs | Find It! A-Z Index | Newsroom | Administration | Jobs
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter YouTube

Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)


Attention CACFP Afterschool Program Sponsors

Providing supper to kids through an afterschool program? Apply for the No Kid Hungry Grant to earn up to $3,000!


The Virginia No Kid Hungry campaign is ending child hunger by ensuring every child gets the healthy food they need. This grant opportunity is for afterschool enrichment programs that participate or want to participate in the USDA’s Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) At-Risk Afterschool Provision or National School Lunch Program (NSLP) to provide free meals to kids. This grant can help with equipment, start-up costs, outreach materials, etc. and will help expand the number of children who receive nutritious meals each day. To apply, visit and use access code “VACACFP2016.” The application deadline is October 31st, 2015. For questions contact Miriam Stiefel at or 804-864-7893.


For more information regarding grants, events, and news follow No Kid Hungry on Facebook Twitter, and Instagram or visit us at

Contact Information

For password resets, please contact:

Contact Name Contact Number Contact Email
Helpdesk 1-877-618-7282

For questions, potential sponsor participation and inquiries for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) please call or email:

Contact Number Contact Email

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

 Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

SFSP Page >>

Last Updated: 11-24-2015

Printable Version

E-mail This Page