In addition to other sponsored events by other organizations hosted by The Office of Minority Health and Health Equity, we regularly host training on our Health Equity and Cultural Competency Training Series via Polycom.
Featured Event: Coming Soon
Implementation Strategies for the Enhanced National Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate
Service (CLAS) Standards
April 24, 2014, 11am – 12:30pm
Hosted by the Office of Minority Health
and Health Equity
For more information or to register,
The Office of Minority Health and Health Equity makes this page available to organizations that would like to post event information and individuals interested in registering for a particular training session. If you would like to submit an event, email Augustine.Doe@vdh.virginia.gov
Upcoming Courses, Workshops, and Seminars
- April 24, 2014, 11am – 12:30pm -The Office of Minority Health and Health Equity presents
the training session, “Implementation Strategies for the Enhanced National Culturally and
Linguistically Appropriate Service (CLAS) Standards.”
This training session provides current information on the recently enhanced National Culturally
and Linguistically Appropriate Service (CLAS) Standards and how they directly impact services
to Virginia’s diverse populations. The session will introduce six broad themes addressed in the
enhanced National CLAS Standards and cover strategies for increasing cultural competency and
overcoming language barriers in order to better serve Virginians.
• Using the Course ID Number (1049909), register for the session in TRAIN VA at https://va.train.org.
• Available polycom site – VDH Madison Building, Main Floor Conference Room
Governor Street, Richmond, VA 23219). Additional sites may be set up with Rich (see
• To set up your polycom site – contact Richard Watson at (804) 864-7179 or
• For more information, contact Augustine Doe at (804) 864-7436 or email@example.com.
- June 1-15, 2014 - Native Research Network (NRN): Call for abstracts for the 25th Native Health Research Conference. Abstract deadline is January 15, 2014. Conference to be held June 1-5, 2014 in Phoenix, AZ
- September 24, 2014, 9 am - 1 pm - Northern Virginia Language Access Leadership Conference at George Mason University, Arlington Campus, Founders Hall. Keynote presentation: "What's New in the National CLAS Standards?" -Darci L. Graves MMP, MA, MA, Senior Health Education and Policy Specialist, SRA International, Inc. Additional workshops available. FREE EVENT! Registration will open July 2014.
To submit your health event to the Office of Minority Health and Health Equity calendar,
submit your event information to Augustine.Doe@vdh.virginia.gov