During National Preparedness Month, learn how to prepare for emergencies. The 2019 National Preparedness Month theme is Prepared, Not Scared. Be Ready for Disasters.
- Put together a plan by discussing these four questions with your family, friends, or household to start your emergency plan.
- Consider how your family will reunite if you are not together when disaster strikes. Create your family emergency communication plan.
- Prepare for the unique needs of your family including young children, older adults, special needs and pets.
- Download the ReadyVirginia app. Download the FEMA app.
- Learn more about National Preparedness Month at: https://www.ready.gov/september