Our family planning services are designed to help men and women know their options for planning future pregnancies and preventing unplanned pregnancies.
Other services include:
- Annual Gynecological Examinations including a breast exam, Pap smear, and screening for Sexually Transmitted Illnesses (STIs)
- Preconception and nutrition information
- Contraception education and access to different methods
- Health Education
Preparing for Pregnancy
Preparing for pregnancy before you get pregnant is crucial for your baby’s health. Follow these steps to get started:
- Get a physical exam at least three months before you plan to get pregnant.
- Adopt these healthy habits:
- Eat healthy foods
- Exercise regularly
- Take a vitamin everyday that contains folic acid
- Stay away from chemicals and hazardous materials
- Stop drinking, smoking, and doing drugs
- As soon as you miss your period or think you may be pregnant, take a pregnancy test and see your doctor.
For more information, please visit the following website: CDC Planning for Pregnancy