CCHD Screening Toolkit
- CCHD Screening Algorithm
- Screening Overview CCHD screening recommendations, the CCHD screening protocol diagram, a list of supplies for screening, and a sample screening form.
- Screener Education In-service education recommendations, pulse oximetry sensor placement, knowledge assessment, competency checklist, and training log.
- Education for Parents and Guardians Checklist for informing parents and guardians, FAQs (English and Spanish), suggested resources for families.
- Toolkit References
Online Learning Opportunities
- Virginia’s Newborn Screening Education Program – Educational Module
Includes an interactive education module for CCHD screening. The module is free to Virginia residents and participants can earn medical or nursing continuing education credits by completing a post-test and evaluation.
- Virginia’s Newborn Screening Education Program – CCHD Webinars
CCHD educational webinars are presented by VDH and the University of Virginia Office of Continuing Medical Education.
- Heart Smart Video: CCHD Screenings for Providers
- American Academy of Pediatrics – PEHDIC, Newborn Screening for CCHD