The RWHAP Part B Quality Management Program (QMP) exists to ensure the highest quality core medical care and supportive services for PLWH in Virginia, as well as to provide medication access to them through statewide leadership and stakeholder collaboration.
The aim of the RWHAP Part B QMP is to continuously improve the quality of care and services of the HIV, and to be compliant with recognized Department of Health and Human Services Guidelines, National Priorities, HRSA Monitoring and Service Standards, and research-based best practices.
Below you will find The Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Division of Disease Prevention (DDP), HIV Care Services (HCS) Unit, Ryan White Part B Standards for Case Management and other Core and Support Services.Case Management Standards
The aims of these Case Management Standards are to:
- Set a minimum level for the quality of Case Management service;
- Provide a resource to case managers to use for improving the quality of services rendered to PLWHA; and
- Support VDH efforts to assure a consistent standard of Case Management no matter where clients live or what problems they experience.
Click on a link below to download or review the Ryan White Part B Case Management or Non-Medical Case Management Standards:
Core and Support Services Standards
- VA ADAP Services
- Outpatient Ambulatory Medical Care
- Oral Health Care
- Mental Health
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Early Intervention Services
- Health Insurance Premium and Cost Sharing Assistance for Low-income
- Substance Abuse Services – Outpatient
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Food Bank/Home-delivered Meals
- Health Education/Risk Reduction
- Medical Transportation Services
- Outreach Services
- Psychosocial Support Services
- Referral for Health Care
- Substance Abuse Services – Residential
The Virginia HIV/AIDS Resources and Consultation Centers (VHARCC) offer a variety of trainings and support to case managers across the commonwealth, including clinical consultation for RW Part B-funded case managers. The centers also provide specific training to help implement and follow the HIV/AIDS Case Management Standards. More information can be found at http://www.VHARCC.com.