It’s Time for ADAP Clients to Sign Up for 2018 Health Insurance!
The Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Marketplace open enrollment period runs from November 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017. During this time, AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) clients can sign up for Marketplace health insurance and Virginia Department of Health will help with premiums and medication co-payments.
IMPORTANT OPEN ENROLLMENT CHANGES
- The open enrollment period is shorter this year. SIGN UP FOR HEALTH INSURANCE NOW.
- Over 1700 persons will need to change insurance carriers for 2018. Please sign up now.
- More community based organizations can help you sign up and pay your first premium
- Benalytics will help Virginia ADAP clients sign up for health insurance. Call Benalytics at 1-855-483-4647.
- Some people only have one health insurance carrier option. Please sign up for a plan with that carrier, even if your HIV doctor is not in that carrier’s network. VDH will work with the doctor you see to be sure you can receive HIV medical care. Please call VDH at (855) 362-0658 or your doctor if you have questions.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ADAP AND SIGNING UP FOR HEALTH INSURANCE, CLICK HERE.
Medicare Part D Open Enrollment began October 15, 2017 and goes through December 7, 2017.
The Virginia (VA) AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) provides access to life-saving medications for the treatment of HIV and related illnesses for low-income clients through the provision of medications or through assistance with insurance premiums and medication co-payments. The program is primarily supported with federal Ryan White (RW) Treatment Extension Act Part B grant funding, which is distributed by a formula based on living HIV and AIDS cases to all states and territories in the United States. VA ADAP provides insurance cost support or directly purchased medications through four service options: Direct ADAP, the Medicare Part D Assistance Program (MPAP), the Insurance Continuation Assistance Program (ICAP) and the Health Insurance Marketplace Assistance Program (HIMAP).
Clinical Support and Policy Development
In 1996, an ADAP Advisory Committee was created. The committee is comprised of HIV/AIDS medical providers, a pharmacist, and consumers. The committee advises VDH on changes to the formulary, changes in eligibility criteria, adherence issues, and educational concerns. The committee reviews data on ADAP utilization and assess budgetary implications of trends and program changes.
For more information about the committee, please see the ADAP Advisory Committee Scope.
ADAP Enrollment Numbers*
|Medicare Part D Assistance Program (MPAP)||584|
|Insurance Continuation Assistance Program||603|
|Health Insurance Marketplace Assistance Program (HIMAP, clients in ACA)||3,240|
Hepatitis C/HIV Co-Infected Treatment Assistance Program Enrollment Numbers*
|Number of clients that have accessed program||88|
|Number of clients that have completed treatment||76|
|Number of clients in treatment||6|
Questions or comments?
Medication Eligibility Hotline 1-855-362-0658
*Enrollment numbers as of November 2017