- Drinking Water Funding Program Details & Application Materials
- Drinking Water Funding Procedural Guidelines
- Seeking and Using Disadvantaged Business Enterprises
- Professional Services Procurement, DWSRF Guidebook
- Contract Inserts for Construction Bids
- Construction Assistance Projects List
- Intended Use Plans
- VA Financing Options for Waterworks
- VA Financing Options for Private Wells
The Office of Drinking Water (ODW) manages two funding sources under the Financial and Construction Assistance Programs (FCAP) consisting of the:
1. Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Program
2. Water Supply Assistance Grant (WSAG) Fund Program
Construction applications for both funding sources are received on a year round basis. The Virginia DWSRF Program combines federal and state funds to offer a mix loan, grant and refinancing opportunities.
A. Construction Loan – Interest rates from 3% to ceiling rate (1% below municipal bond market rates). Maximum term 20 years. Lower rates and longer terms (to 30 years) are considered for waterworks meeting disadvantaged criteria.
B. Construction Grants – Will be considered for waterworks meeting disadvantaged criteria.
C. Force Account Construction — projects are completed with non-contractor related labor.
Planning and Design Funds – Projects up to $35,000 to be awarded. Applications accepted year-round. Funds are especially for small, disadvantaged, community waterworks.