As proclaimed by Governor Terry McAuliffe, Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Memorial Week is June 4-10, 2017. This event, in conjunction with the Annual Virginia Fallen Firefighters and EMS Memorial Service, honors fire and EMS providers who died in the line of duty. It also recognizes those who risk their lives daily to serve and protect the citizens of the Commonwealth.
The Annual Virginia Fallen Firefighters and EMS Memorial Service is Saturday, June 3 at 12 p.m. at the Richmond International Raceway’s Main Exhibition Hall. This years’ service will pay tribute to Battalion Chief Louis Stark of City of Newport News Fire Department, Firefighter/Paramedic Timothy Killian of James City County Fire Department and Fire Chief Robert Baber of Crozet Volunteer Fire Department. If you were unable to attend the memorial service, a video of the service will be available soon.
- Read the Governor’s proclamation for Fire and Emergency Medical Services Memorial Week:
- More information about Fire and EMS Memorial Week, visit: https://www.vafire.com/blog/2017/05/30/fire-ems-memorial-week/.
- Learn more about the Virginia Fallen Firefighters and EMS Memorial Service
- Memorial Service Flyer: http://www.vafire.com/content/uploads/2017/03/2017-Memorial-Service-Flyer.pdf
- Memorial Service Info: https://www.vafire.com/blog/2017/03/08/2017-fire-ems-memorial-service/
- See the Memorial Service live stream: https://www.vafire.com/blog/2017/05/30/memorial-service-live-stream/