The following are guidance documents and/policy updates designed to assist Education Coordinators.
- Certification Testing
- CE Scanner Version 3.0 User Guide
- Competency-based EMT Program
- CPR Requirements
- EMS Certification Program Outlines
- Education Coordinator Resources by Topic
- New Options for EMS Course Delivery
- Training Program Administration Manual
- Training Programs Overview
- Scope of Practice – Formulary
- Scope of Practice – Procedures
Teaching EMT Programs in Virginia’s Public High Schools
The following guidance is for Education Coordinators who are conducting EMT programs in high schools.
Virginia EMS Education Standards (VEMSES)
The following documents are related to the Virginia EMS Education Standards which are the basis for EMS education at all levels in Virginia.
Virginia EMS Education Standards (VEMSES) which was modified from the National EMS Education Standards (NEMSES) for the EMT.
These guidance documents were developed by OEMS Staff to assist with understanding differences between the National Standard Curricula and the NEMSES/VEMSES.
Here are some other related documents that educators may find beneficial.
- EMT Instructor Guidelines (IG) to the NEMSES
- Virginia Scope of Practice Formulary and Scope of Practice Procedure Documents
- Atlantic EMS Council’s Practice Analysis.
- Updated BLS Scenarios letter to Education Coordinators, September 16, 2018
Further questions should be directed to Billy Fritz, BLS Training Specialist. Billy can be reached via e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Education Coordinator Certification
The links below are intended for those who are seeking to become an Education Coordinator in Virginia.
National Registry for EMS Education Coordinators
The following are links to NREMT guidance and/or policy for Education Coordinators.