The following are guidance documents and/policy updates designed to assist Education Coordinators.
- Certification Testing
- CE Scanner Version 4.0 User Guide
- Submission of Continuing Education Hours In Virginia
- Competency-based EMT Program
- CPR Requirements
- 16th Percentile Peer-to-Peer Benchmarking
- Training Program Administration Manual
- Training Programs Overview
- Scope of Practice – Formulary
- Scope of Practice – Procedures
- Updated BLS Scenarios letter to Education Coordinators, September 16, 2018
National Registry for EMS Education Coordinators
The following are links to NREMT guidance and/or policy for Education Coordinators.
Virginia Education Coordinator Certification
The links below are intended for those who are seeking to become an Education Coordinator in Virginia.
Virginia EMS Education Standards (VEMSES)
These documents are for reference only. The following documents are related to the Virginia EMS Education Standards which are the basis for EMS education at all levels in Virginia.
Virginia EMS Education Standards (VEMSES) which was modified from the National EMS Education Standards (NEMSES) for the EMT.
These guidance documents were developed by OEMS Staff to assist with understanding differences between the National Standard Curricula and the NEMSES/VEMSES.
Here are some other related documents that educators may find beneficial.
- EMS Certification Program Outlines
- EMT Instructor Guidelines (IG) to the NEMSES
- Virginia Scope of Practice Formulary and Scope of Practice Procedure Documents
- Atlantic EMS Council’s Practice Analysis.
Teaching EMT Programs in Virginia’s Public High Schools
The Virginia Office of EMS works in concert with the Department of Education (POC: Michele Green-Wright – MICHELE.GREEN-WRIGHT@DOE.VIRGINIA.GOV) to update the EMS program guidance documents which are published on Virginia’s Educational Resource System Online (VERSO).
EMS related documents on the VERSO can be found below.
|8336||36 weeks||Emergency Medical Responder||2019/2020||HTML|
|8333||36 weeks||Emergency Medical Technician I||2019/2020||HTML|
|8334||36 weeks||Emergency Medical Technician II||2019/2020||HTML|
|8335||36 weeks||Emergency Medical Technician III||2019/2020||HTML|
- Superintendent’s Memo #285-19 – Announcing the Emergency Medical Technician Educational Program Guidelines Update 2019-2020
Further questions should be directed to Chad Blosser, Education Program Manager. Chad can be reached via e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org .