The EMS Scholarship provides funding support to qualified applicants seeking to earn an initial or advanced EMS credential within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Must be a Virginia resident (college students enrolled in Virginia colleges and military service members are excluded from this requirement; however, must provide sufficient documentation).
- Must be enrolled in a Virginia Office of EMS-approved EMS initial certification or advanced certification program.
- The program and/or instructor must be at or above the 16th percentile (to verify your program meets this requirement, click here).
- The program and/or instructor may not have a current Virginia Office of EMS-imposed Enforcement Action.
- Only completed applications will be evaluated for an award.
Eligible Award Amounts
Award reflect the amount awarded for the entire program for which the applicant is enrolled. Each scholarship may award up to:
|Program Certification Level||Award Amount|
|Advanced EMT (AEMT)||$619|
|*Special Award (current Intermediates enrolled in a Paramedic program)||$5,416|
*The special award is available for currently-certified Virginia Intermediate Providers who are enrolled in a Paramedic certification program.
If awarded, scholarship recipients must agree to fulfill the following:
- Report any changes regarding contact information, enrollment status, and course progression.
- Successfully complete the program for which they applied.
- Earn certification at the level for which the scholarship was awarded.
- Affiliate with a Virginia agency (either career or volunteer).
Before starting the online scholarship application, please take a moment to download and refer to the following documents:
Online applications are accepted during the periods shown below.
January 1 – February 28
April 1 – May 31
July 1 – August 31
October 1 – November 30
Ready to apply? Click here.
- Virginia EMS Scholarship Program promotional flyer
- References User Guide
- Financial Aid Officer User Guide
References and Financial Aid Officers, register and get started by clicking here.