All initial certification programs and category one CE programs must be coordinated by an EMS Education Coordinator (EC). This page contains information on the process and a link to the online Education Coordinator Candidate (ECC) application. Once the application is completed and approved by the Office of EMS, the provider can initiate the ECC program.
- Education Coordinator Requirements
- Education Coordinator Candidate Application Outline Guide
- Education Coordinator Candidate Process Outline
- Education Coordinator Candidate Mentor Process Outline
- Education Coordinator Candidate EMS Physician Process Outline
The next scheduled Education Coordinator Update is June 9th – June 11th, 2018 in Blacksburg, VA. Deadline for an invitation to this institute is Friday, May 25th, 2018. All requirements (cognitive exam, psychomotor exam, and mentorship) must be successfully completed and documented in the candidate’s portal by the deadline. Subsequent institutes will be scheduled as enough candidates complete the process. If you are a candidate who has successfully completed the requirements but not yet received an invitation, please contact Billy Fritz.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Billy Fritz, BLS Training Programs Coordinator, by email or by calling (804) 888-9120.