The mission of the Division of Shellfish Sanitation is to protect shellfish consumers through water quality monitoring, growing area assessment, education and regulatory programs.
Emergency and Conditional Shellfish Closures
- There are no Emergency Condemnations in effect at this time. All shellfish harvesting waters are currently classified according to routine criteria.
- Click here for the status of Conditional Shellfish Harvesting waters.
- Shellfish Dealers: Click here for drinking and processing water guidance.
Shellfish Sanitation Recall Notices
– There are no Recall Notices issued at this time.
Shellfish Harvesting Area Map
- Zoom in to see Condemnation Zones, Seasonal Condemnation Zones, and Sampling Stations.
- Use layer selection (second icon on the bottom right) on lower task bar to add several interesting layers such as lease information, public harvesting grounds, or oyster sanctuaries.
- For full map please go to www.vdh.virginia.gov/shellfish/webmap.
- This can also be viewed on mobile devices.