Have you considered using the private sector?
Before you submit an application that requires soil evaluation or septic system design work, please consider the following.
- You will be required to use a private sector designer if you have:
- A non-residential sewage system.
- A system that will use over 1,000 gallons per day.
- An alternative system (property has marginal soil, or limited land area).
- A septic system design that requires a professional engineer.
- Private sector designers can also:
- Design a wider range of septic systems.
- Specify name-brand products.
- Help you find an installer or system operator.
- Help with other needs, such as shrink-swell soil analysis.
- Help guide you through the application process.
- VDH needs less time to process an application with private sector work, so you can get a response faster.