Agencies | Governor
Search Virginia.Gov
Protecting You and Your Environment Virginia Department of Health
Home | VDH Programs | Find It! A-Z Index | Newsroom | Administration | Jobs | Data
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter YouTube

Algal Bloom Surveillance Map


How do I report an Algal Bloom or Fish Kill?

  • If you see a red or brown tide, water that has an odd color, or a fish kill call:
    The Department of Environmental Quality: (757) 518-2000
  • If you see fish with lesions call:
    The Virginia Institute of Marine Science: (804) 684-7000

If you are concerned that you have been exposed to a HAB, please see your doctor or call your local health department. Telling your doctor about contact with water may help him/her treat the illness properly.

  • If you have health concerns, please call:
    Virginia Department of Health, HABs Hotline: (888) 238-6154




Last Updated: 09-24-2014

Printable Version

E-mail This Page