Updated October 2012
Virginia ADAP participates in the Tropism Access Program (TAP) offered by the ViiV Healthcare Company. Eligibility and processes are as follows:
- TAP is offered by ViiV to facilitate free access to tropism testing with Trofile and Trofile DNA.
- Patients must be ADAP eligible and the cost of tropism testing cannot be covered by a third party (excluding Ryan White funds).
- The Trofile test is required whenever a clinician is considering prescribing the CCR5 antagonist medication maraviroc through Virginia ADAP.
- The client’s virus must demonstrate R5 tropism for maraviroc to be effective.TAP access is available directly through ViiV only.
- To access TAP, providers can register through the ViiV Resource Website or ask their ViiV representative for the form.
- The provider will need to verify the client is ADAP eligible when they submit the forms. Please contact the ADAP Central Office to confirm ADAP eligibility by calling 1-855-362-0658.
If you have any questions please call 1-855-362-0658.