One dozen qualified health care providers were awarded funds from October 2018 through May 2020 to provide Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARCs), e.g. hormonal IUDs and the implant, to patients whose income is below 250% of the federal poverty level. Priority access will be given to uninsured or underinsured women who choose a LARC as their preferred contraceptive method.
The following 12 health care providers have been funded to provide LARCs to eligible clients. Please be aware that clicking on the name of the provider will take you away from the Virginia Department of Health’s website, and to the provider’s external website.
- Augusta Healthcare for Women
- Central Virginia Health Services
- Daily Planet
- Greater Prince William Community Health Center
- Harrisonburg Community Health Center
- Planned Parenthood South Atlantic
- Rockbridge Area Health Center
- Sinclair Health Clinic
- UVA Health System
- VCU Health System
- Virginia League for Planned Parenthood
- Whole Woman’s Health Alliance
If you do not qualify for this program, or there is not a provider near you, you may still access low or no cost birth control at one of the many Virginia Department of Health Title X Family Planning Clinics. Use the tool below to find a Title X Family Planning Clinic near you and call to make your appointment!