Eighteen (18) qualified health care providers were awarded funds through May 2020 to provide Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARCs), e.g. hormonal IUDs and the implant, to patients whose income is below 250% of the federal poverty level. Priority access will be given to uninsured or underinsured women who choose a LARC as their preferred contraceptive method.
The following 18 health care providers have been funded to provide LARCs to eligible clients.
- Augusta Healthcare for Women
- Central Virginia Health Services
- CrossOver Healthcare Ministry
- Daily Planet
- Greater Prince William Community Health Center
- Harrisonburg Community Health Center
- HealthWorks for Northern Virginia
- Neighborhood Health
- Olde Towne Medical Center
- Planned Parenthood South Atlantic
- Rockbridge Area Health Center
- Sinclair Health Clinic
- UVA Health System
- VCU Health System
- Virginia League for Planned Parenthood
- West End Midwifery
- Whole Woman’s Health Alliance
If you do not qualify for this program, or there is not a provider near you, you may still access low or no cost birth control at one of the many Virginia Department of Health Title X Family Planning Clinics. Use the tool below to find a Title X Family Planning Clinic near you and call to make your appointment!