Skip to content.
Food Safety Training
Call your local health department and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name, address, and phone number (illnesses can also be reported anonymously)
- A list of symptoms and when they started
- If and when the symptoms have gone away
- Do you know anyone else who had similar symptoms? Did you eat or drink anything at an event or food establishment together? If possible, supply the names and phone numbers of others who became ill
- If you believe you became ill from eating at a particular place or event, we will need the name of the establishment or event and a list of everything you ate.
- If two or more unrelated people became ill, we may need to know where they ate and what they ate for the last three days.
DURING WEEKEND HOURS:
Call the Charlottesville/Albemarle Health Department
(434) 972- 6200 - Select option 3 - Leave a message