Your community needs your assistance during public health emergencies. Please consider joining your local Medical Reserve Corps.
What is the Medical Reserve Corps?
• The ESMRC assists Accomack and Northampton counties and Town of Chincoteague in their
response to medical emergencies such as bioterrorism incidents, large communicable disease
outbreaks and natural disasters.
• The MRC operates under the direction of the Eastern Shore Health District
• To learn more go to: http://www.vamrc.org or http://www.medicalreservecorps.gov
Who can volunteer for the Medical Reserve Corps?
• Practicing or retired medical professionals, such as doctors, nurses, emergency medical
technicians, pharmacists, veterinarians, and nursing and pharmacy assistants
• Community members without medical training
What do MRC volunteers do?
• Provide an important surge capacity during a large-scale medical emergency
• Assist with mass immunization or preventive medicine distribution clinics
• Assist with the management of large communicable disease outbreaks
• Assist with the distribution of the Strategic National Stockpile supplies and equipment
• Augment medical staff shortages at local medical facilities
• Assist with administrative and other essential support functions
What is the time commitment under non-emergency conditions?
• 2-3 hours per year training time
• Drills available to augment training
How do I sign up?
By completing the Registration Form.