June 27, 2014
(FREDERICKSBURG, Va.) The Rappahannock Emergency Medical Services Council (REMS), Inc. honored its Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel for the remarkable level of dedication and service that they provide to the community at the annual regional EMS awards held May 29, 2014 at the Rappahannock United Way.
“The EMS awards program is one of the highlights of the year for us, as it is the time of the year when we recognize some of the outstanding EMS providers and agencies that are providing exceptional services. This is a very special event for us in our region,” said Kevin Dillard, president of the REMS Board of Directors.
Recipients of this year’s regional awards will have the chance to compete for the prestigious 2014 Governor’s EMS Awards, which will be announced at the Virginia EMS Symposium’s Annual Awards Ceremony, Nov. 8 in Norfolk. Winners will be presented with a trophy and a certificate signed by the Governor.
“It’s an honor to celebrate the high level of excellence demonstrated by those within the Virginia EMS System. Their dedication and commitment to serve at a moment’s notice, often times putting their own lives on the line, is greatly valued and worthy of recognition,” said Gary Brown, director of the Virginia Office of EMS.
The 2014 Rappahannock EMS Council Regional Award Recipients:
- Excellence in EMS – Lori Knowles, Stafford County Fire and Rescue
- Outstanding EMS Administrator – Chief David Moody, King George County Fire and Rescue
- Outstanding EMS Agency – Stafford County Fire and Rescue
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS for Children – Steve Dove, Chancellor Volunteer Fire and Rescue
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS Health and Safety – LifeCare Medical Transports
- Physician with Outstanding Contribution to EMS – Dr. Michael Jenks, Fauquier Hospital
- Outstanding Prehospital Educator – Kelly Southard, Orange Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Outstanding Prehospital Provider – Bobbie Zugner, LifeCare Medical Transports
- Outstanding EMS Telecommunications Dispatcher – Sandy Passera, LifeCare Medical Transports
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS by a High School Senior – MacKenzie Pierpoint, Fredericksburg Volunteer Rescue Squad/LifeCare Medical Transports, Colonial Forge High School