July 6, 2015
(FREDERICKSBURG, Va.) – The Rappahannock Emergency Medical Services Council (EMS), Inc.
proudly recognized all of the region’s EMS personnel and awarded those nominated for their exceptional service rendered to the community at the annual Regional EMS Awards, June 10, 2015 at the John F. Fick III Conference Center in Fredericksburg.
“The regional EMS system hinges on the strength of the providers, medical direction and administration. Every year at the regional awards, we are proud to recognize a few of the many individuals that help to make up Rappahannock’s EMS system.These award winners have made a tremendous impact on the EMS system and we congratulate each of them for their contributions,” said Kevin Dillard, president of the Rappahannock EMS Board of Directors.
Recipients of this year’s regional awards will have the chance to compete for the prestigious 2015 Governor’s EMS Awards, which will be announced at the Virginia EMS Symposium’s Annual Awards Ceremony, November 14 in Norfolk. Winners will be presented with a trophy and a certificate signed by the Governor.
“We recognize all Virginia EMS providers who consistently demonstrate their commitment to saving lives and protecting the citizens of the Commonwealth. Their willingness to put their own lives on the line for the well-being of the community is honorable and appreciated,” said Gary Brown, director of the Virginia Office of EMS.
The 2015 Rappahannock EMS Council Regional Award Recipients:
- Excellence in Emergency Medical Services – John Brandrup, LifeCare Medical Transport
- Outstanding EMS Administrator – Kimberly Madison, Spotsylvania Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Outstanding EMS Agency – Spotsylvania Fire, Rescue and Emergency Services
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS for Children – Thomas McGowan, LifeCare Medical Transports, Inc.
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS Health and Safety – Rappahannock EMS Council CISM Team
- Nurse with Outstanding Contribution to EMS – Melissa Hall, Mary Washington Healthcare
- Physician with Outstanding Contribution to EMS – Coleen Rickabaugh, M.D., Mary Washington Healthcare
- Outstanding Prehospital Educator – LeRon Lewis, LifeCare Medical Transports, Inc.
- Outstanding Prehospital Provider – Anna Harmon, Ladysmith Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Outstanding EMS Telecommunications Dispatcher – Chrissy Jones, LifeCare Medical Transports, Inc.
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS by a High School Senior ($1,000 Scholarship) – Tristan Crigger-Cox, Chancellor Fire & Rescue Department