June 26, 2017
For More Information Contact
- Chad Blosser, executive director
Central Shenandoah EMS Council, Inc.
- Tristen Graves, public relations assistant
Virginia Department of Health
(STAUNTON, Va.) – The Central Shenandoah Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Council, Inc. celebrated its regional EMS personnel and recognized their dedication and commitment at the council’s Regional EMS Awards ceremony, June 7, at Gypsy Hill Park in Staunton.
“Central Shenandoah EMS Council’s Regional EMS Awards program provides local EMS personnel the opportunity to recognize the outstanding efforts of their fellow emergency medical responders,” said Chad Blosser, executive director of Central Shenandoah EMS Council, Inc. “Each year, there are EMS providers and system participants who stand out for their exceptional achievements.”
Recipients of this year’s regional awards will have the chance to compete for the prestigious 2017 Governor’s EMS Awards, which will be announced at the Virginia EMS Symposium’s Annual Awards Ceremony, Nov. 11, in Norfolk. Winners will be presented with a trophy and a certificate signed by the Governor.
“It is so important that we recognize and honor the men and women who serve on the front line of our health care system,” said Gary Brown, director of the Virginia Office of EMS. “Their commitment to being ready at a moment’s notice to protect and provide quality prehospital care warrants the utmost respect and appreciation.”
The 2017 Central Shenandoah EMS Council Regional Award Recipients:
- Outstanding EMS Administrator – Rob Ham, Bridgewater Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Outstanding EMS Agency – Highland County Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS by a Nurse – Carolyn M. Book, R.N., CFRN, PHI Air Medical AirCare 5
- Outstanding Prehospital Educator – Jeremy R. Green, Central Shenandoah EMS Council and Waynesboro First Aid Crew
- Outstanding Prehospital Provider – Nicole Showalter, Mt. Solon Volunteer Fire-Rescue, Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad and Augusta County Fire Rescue
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS by a Physician – Asher Brand, M.D., Augusta Health
- Outstanding Contribution to EMS by a High School Senior ($1,000 Scholarship) – Savannah Ritchie, Grottoes Rescue Squad
- Kevin Sperka Memorial Award ($500 Scholarship ) – Brandon Propst, Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad