- NEVER leave any children, pets or adults in a closed, parked vehicle.
- Drink more fluids (nonalcoholic), regardless of your activity level. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink.
- Stay indoors or find a cooling center in your area on extremely hot days.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Stay indoors during extremely hot temperatures.
- Use sunscreen, even on cloudy days; skin does not have to feel hot to get burned
- Apply sunscreen with a SPF of 15 or greater at least 20 minutes before going outside.
- Wear protective sunglasses and hats.