2015 Funding Solicitation Package Contents
Funding Workshop Presentation
NEW or CONTINUED for 2015
– All owners with applicable projects should consider applying
- Funding Offers to be made Twice per Year: To improve access to our Program and expedite project funding VDH has changed our review procedures to accept ALL applications year-round. However applicants must submit by the review deadlines for consideration. VDH will conduct two rounds of
evaluations for applications postmarked/received by:
- April 1, 2014 for round one, and
- September 2, 2014 for round two.
Applications received after the deadliness(s) may be considered for funding in the following round or if additional funds become available. Eligible
applications may be retained in an applicant pool.
- Planning and Design Grants (SRF & WSAG): VDH will now accept Planning and Design grant applications for review and award on a year-round basis.
Priority will be given to Acute and Chronic health needs. Additional projects will be considered based on the availability of funds.
- Capitalization Grant Amount - VDH expects approximately $15 million will be available to Virginia under the 2015 DWSRF Capitalization Grant. As a
result, VDH intends to award approximately $20 million in DWSRF construction projects.
- All eligible construction projects recently funded - VDH's Program was able to offer funding to all eligible construction projects
with completed applications in 2014 and 90% in 2013. Based on that all waterworks owners with eligible projects are encouraged to apply. VDH will make
every effort to offer funding to all eligible projects with completed applications by round two.
- Davis-Bacon Wage Requirement - VDH expects Davis-Bacon Act minimum wage rates will still apply for SRF construction projects. The Davis-Bacon Act has
been added to the list of Federal cross-cutter requirements. At this time VDH is not aware of any requirements under Buy American provisions; however, this
will be incorporated into the program if required by EPA.
- Refinance of Debt - VDH's Program allows for refinancing local debt obligations related to drinking water infrastructure. Program regulations require
that all projects where debt was incurred must have a construction initiation date after July 1, 1993. The typical terms have been an interest rate between
1.5% to 2.5% for a term of 20 years. Privately-owned systems are not eligible for refinancing.
- DWSRF Staff contacts have been updated.
Solicitation Package Contents
Workshop Announcement Letters
Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Program
Water Supply Assistance Grant Program
Construction pdf | doc
Instructions for Completion of Construction Fund Application
Construction Project Schedule (xls)
Cash Flow Templates (xls)
Planning and Design Grant pdf | doc
1452K Source Water Protection Initiative pdf | doc
Set-Aside pdf | doc
Income Survey Form
Certification Regarding Lobbying
Resources Request Form