Danny TK Avula MD, MPH
Richmond City Health Director
The Richmond City Health District (RCHD) provides a comprehensive set of public health programs and services for Richmond City. RCHD efforts include clinical, field and community based efforts in the area of reproductive health, communicable disease control, various categorical public health programs, environmental health, and disaster preparedness and response.
In our report, you can learn about:
- Our new location. RCHD is now housed in the best local health department facility in the Commonwealth of Virginia and will be providing free parking for its patients for the first time in over 40 years;
- Infant mortality, teenage pregnancy trends;
- Sexually transmitted infections data;
- Continued decreases in lead poisoning;
- Environmental health services, restaurant inspections and our new Food Safety STAR Award;
- Funding and operations.