WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Supplemental Food Program
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) helps pregnant women, mothers, infants and young children stay healthy and eat right during important times of growth.
Program services include:
- Quality nutrition education and counseling
- Breastfeeding support, services and supplies
- A healthy food package including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, milk & more
- Referrals to community partners an access to prenatal, maternal and pediatric health care services.
For more information on the WIC please visit the USDA website
WIC is for all types of families – families with married or single parents and those working or not working.
WIC provides benefits to:
- Pregnant women
- Children up to their fifth birthday
- Breastfeeding mothers up to one year after delivering their baby
- Postpartum women who are not breastfeeding up to six months after delivering their baby
If you are a mother, father, foster parent or other legal guardian of a child under 5 years of age, you can apply for your child.
All families must meet income eligibility guidelines, which can be found here. WIC has higher income guidelines than SNAP (EBT, Food Stamps) or Medicaid, so even if you don’t qualify for SNAP or Medicaid, you may still qualify for WIC.
Location, Hours and Contact:
Southside Plaza WIC Office – 509 East Southside Plaza Phone: 804-205-9816 Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*The third Tuesday of every month the clinic is open until 7:00 p.m.
Richmond City Health District WIC Office – 400 East Cary Street Phone: 804-482-5500 Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
*The first Tuesday of every month the clinic is open until 7:00 p.m.
Richmond Community Hospital WIC Office – 1510 North 28th Street, Room 208 Phone: 804-786-3201 Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
USDA is an equal opportunity employer. WIC is an Equal Opportunity Program. If you believe that you have been discriminated against due to race, color, national origin, age, sex or handicap, write immediately to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, DC 20250
For health tips, events, recipes and nutrition information, visit our blog at http://richmondwic.blogspot.com