To strive for excellent evidence based stroke prevention and care for all Virginians.
- To promote evidence based care for hospitals in Virginia.
- To share best practices and latest research and evidence based care.
- To improve collaborative partnerships with EMS and community.
- To share resources, tools, innovative ideas and technology.
- To communicate work done in Virginia Stroke System Task Force.
What does a stroke coordinator do?
- “Stroke coordinator is essential to the success of the stroke program. He or she is the coach!”*
- Provides education to patients, families, hospital staff and EMS providers
- Conducts community outreach
- Leads interdisciplinary teams to improve the quality of stroke care
- Completes chart reviews and data analysis
- Coordinates the stroke response team
- Maintains policies and procedures
For more information, refer to the VSCC Charter.
Donna V. Doherty, MSN, SCRN
Comprehensive Stroke Compliance Coordinator
JW campus of CJW Medical Center
Kathryn Funk, MSN, SCRN, CNRN
Neuroscience Clinical Program Coordinator
Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center/Harbour View ED
Contact any of the following individuals for questions about the role of a stroke coordinator.
|Name||Title||Contact||Hospital||Certification||Size (Beds)||Hospital Type||Awards (GWTG)|
|Jean Snyder||Stroke and Sepsis Program Coordinator||Regina.email@example.com
|Inova Fair Oaks||Advanced Primary Stroke Center (TJC)||182||Community||Gold Plus: Honor Roll Elite|
|Heather Turner||Stroke Coordinator||Hlt7c@virginia.edu
|UVA Medical Center||Primary Stroke Center (TJC)||600+||Academic||Gold Plus: Honor Roll Elite Plus|
|Kim Warren||AD Neuroscience||Kim_warren@bshsi.org
|Bon Secours Hampton Roads||Comprehensive (DNV)
Primary and ASRH (TJC)
|120-240||Community||Gold Plus: Honor Roll Elite Plus|
|Michael Whitehurst||Stroke Coordinator||Michael.whitehurst
|Chesapeake Regional Medical Center||PSC (HFAP)||300||Community|