To strive for excellent evidence based stroke prevention and care for all Virginians.
- To promote evidence based care for hospitals in Virginia.
- To share best practices and latest research and evidence based care.
- To improve collaborative partnerships with EMS and community.
- To share resources, tools, innovative ideas and technology.
- To communicate work done in Virginia Stroke System Task Force.
What does a stroke coordinator do?
- “Stroke coordinator is essential to the success of the stroke program. He or she is the coach!”*
- Provides education to patients, families, hospital staff and EMS providers
- Conducts community outreach
- Leads interdisciplinary teams to improve the quality of stroke care
- Completes chart reviews and data analysis
- Coordinates the stroke response team
- Maintains policies and procedures
For more information, refer to the VSCC Charter.
Robin R. Scott, RN, MSN, MHA
Neuroscience Program Coordinator
Co-Chair of The Virginia Stroke Coordinators Consortium
Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center
Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital
8260 Atlee Road | Mechanicsville, Virginia | 23116
Ashley Hansen, BSN., RN
Disease Specific Coordinator
John Randolph Medical Center -HCA
Click here to access the statewide directory of Stroke Coordinators.