Everyone struggles with emotional pain at some point in their lives. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to know when someone is suffering and needs help. Some people struggling may find it too difficult to talk or ask for help. People who are suffering in silence often have feelings of shame, isolation and hopelessness. This can lead to thoughts about suicide.
Most people thinking about suicide show some signs that they need help. When you learn to recognize the signs and how to start a conversation you can be there when it matters most. Suicide is preventable!
Recognize. Talk. Act. is a social marketing campaign aimed preventing suicide in Virginia.
Electronic Toolkit for Schools
- Suicide Prevention Tips and Resources For Schools
- Suicide Prevention Year-Round
- Social Media Guidelines and Resources
- Recognize Talk Act Social Media Graphics
- Recognize Talk Act Printable Posters
- Information about Lethal Means Restriction