MAPP Priority Indicators: How Healthy is Our Community?
Visit TJHD’s Tableau Public page for 20+ interactive MAPP indicators by priority. MAPP priority indicators are long-term community indicators measured over time (years) and represent areas that require collective action from multiple agencies and sectors to address.
Considerations in indicator selection included:
- Sample size and population
- Timeliness—are the data recent? Is collection of data ongoing and are there planned data releases?
- Geography—are the data available at a local level (by county or smaller)?
- How well does it address the priority?
- Overall balance between indicators within the priority with ~5 indicators per MAPP priority
2018 TJHD Community Health Survey
In 2018, TJHD commissioned a community health survey designed to address current gaps in local data. Read the survey methodology and review the responses: TJHD_CommunitySurvey_v1.2.
To request the raw data files and/or for questions, please contact TJHD’s Data Analyst at (434) 422-3214 or email@example.com.
Virginia Department of Health Data Portal
Visit http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/data/ for additional community health assessment, public, and population health data.
Other Data Sources
Community Commons: https://www.communitycommons.org/
Policy Map: https://www.policymap.com/
Robert Wood Johnson County Health Rankings: http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/explore-health-rankings
U.S. Census Bureau: https://www.census.gov/data.html