Contact Investigation Training - June 18-20, 2019 - Fairfax, VA
- Registration is now closed for this 3 day in person training for health department staff.
Contact Investigation Training - July 16-18, 2019 - Roanoke, VA
- Health Departments in the region will be contacted with registration details.
Contact Investigation Training - November, 2019 - Eastern Virginia, VA
- Details to be announced. Please check back for updates.
This self-paced training is recommended for all public health nurses working in the Tuberculosis Program. The training takes approximately 6.5 hours to complete. The training is completed through the CDC website, but VDH employees can register for the training through TRAIN course #1057005.
The Self-Study Modules on Tuberculosis are a series of educational modules designed to provide information about TB in a self-study format. The series consists of a total of nine modules that are separated into two courses. The first course, Modules 1-5, provides basic information on TB. The second course, Modules 6-9, provides more specific TB programmatic information.
VDH employees can register for the training through TRAIN. Modules 1-5 TRAIN course #1063669 and Modules 6-9 TRAIN course #1075924.
Treating LTBI in Special Situations is a self-paced, online course consisting of interactive case-based modules that guide the participant through 8 topics. The topic areas include contact to drug-resistant case, hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, infants & children, pregnancy, renal failure, TNF-antagonists and transplantation. The course also includes 5 reference books that provide additional information to participants. This course is offered through the Southeastern National Tuberculosis Center.
Learn how to evaluate people for latent TB infection with the Mantoux tuberculin skin test. This podcast includes sections on administering and reading the Mantoux tuberculin skin test, the standard method for detecting latent TB infection since the 1930s.
Evaluating TB Classified Individuals and the Electronic Disease Notification System - Regional Training
January 11, 2019 - Roanoke, VA
February 22, 2019 - Chesterfield, VA
March 1, 2019 - Peninsula, VA
April 5, 2019 - Fairfax, VA
May 3, 2019 - Arlington, VA
May 24, 2019 - Culpeper, VA
- This in person training for VDH health department employees taught participants how to evaluate individuals with a TB classification and how to navigate the EDN system.
- Powerpoint presentation: Evaluating TB Classified Individuals
- Guidance for Evaluating Individuals with Class B TB Conditions
Outreach Worker Training - April 18-19, 2019
- This training is a two day training for TB Outreach Workers in the local health districts to ensure they are equipped with updated skills and knowledge for effective TB case management.
- Presentations to print (optional) from the training:
Cohort/Case Management Review Webinar - Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 at noon
- This webinar for VDH health districts is a part of cohort review efforts for our TB Program.
TB Materials Release - Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019 at noon
- This polycom for VDH health districts discussed the release of new and revised TB materials for local health department use.
- Slides for the polycom: TB Materials Training
New TB Nurse Training – March 29, 2019
- A one day, in person, New TB Nurse Training was held in late March for VDH nurses.
- This training is for nurses who are new to TB (not necessarily new to nursing) and have been working in TB for less than 1 year. Nurses who have attended this training in the past are NOT eligible to attend again as space is limited.
- Nurses must complete the pre-requisite of the CDC Core Curriculum on Tuberculosis – found here. This course is estimated to take around 6.5 hours to complete.
- Health Districts will need to cover travel expenses. Lunch will be provided. TRAIN Course # 1082907
World TB Day Polycom - Friday, March 22, 2019
- A Polycom for VDH employees was held from 12PM-2PM on Friday, March 22 to celebrate World TB Day (which falls on Sunday, March 24)
TB Infection Reporting and Treatment Webinar - Friday, February 15, 2019
- Guest speakers: Lara Beth Gadkowski, MD, MPH, MS & Laura Young, MPH, CIC
- Webinar Focuses: Effective practices for screening, testing, and treating TB Infection
- Please see flyer: TB INFECTION: IDENTIFY! REPORT! TREAT!
VIEW RECORDING HERE *register with name and email to view the recording*
Question and Answers:
New TB Nurse Training – February 5, 2019
- A one day, in person, New TB Nurse Training was held for VDH nurses.
2013 TB Case Management Training Series (powerpoint presentations)
- Introduction to Tuberculosis - Jane Moore
- TB Nurse Case Management - Is it a Sprint or a Marathon - Debbie Staley
- Ongoing TB Case Management - The Marathon - Denise Dodge
- Fundamentals of Contact Investigation - Denise Dodge and Paul Regan
- Complex TB Cases - The Triathlon - Denise Dodge and Debbie Staley