The Virginia Cancer Registry (VCR) is a partner in statewide activities to promote cancer prevention, early detection, and successful treatment and care. The cancer information collected by the VCR describes the impact of cancer in Virginia and is used to assist cancer control and prevention programs and initiatives.
The Virginia Cancer Registry (VCR) is part of the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Office of Family Health Services (OFHS), Division of Chronic Disease Prevention and Control. The VCR is a statewide registry of data on individuals diagnosed or treated in Virginia or Virginia residents who received cancer care out of state.
Click on the following links to learn more about the Virginia Cancer Registry:
- VCR User Manual
- Information collected by the VCR
- How VCR cancer information is used
- How confidential data are protected
- State laws and regulations regarding cancer surveillance
- CDC cancer surveillance funding of VCR