- Child Health clinic services are provided for Colonial Heights residents ONLY. Private insurance is not accepted.
- Well child exams for children from birth to 5 years of age are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Fees for services are determined on a sliding scale based on household income. Some clients may qualify for reduced or free charges for services.
- Families must bring proof of residency and income information to the appointment.
- Spanish-speaking translators may be available.
- Kindergarten entry physicals and School Placement Physicals – call 804-520-9380 for information.
- Childhood Immunizations
Child Safety Seats
- Child Safety Seat Program is part of the Virginia Department of Health’s “Low Income Safety Seat Distribution Education Program”.
- Child safety seats are provided without charge to eligible citizens of Chesterfield County, Powhatan County and Colonial Heights.
- Attendance at a safety seat installation and use class is required before receiving a seat.
Requirements for Child Safety Seats
- Medicaid, WIC or FAMIS eligible
- Last trimester of pregnancy
- Legal resident of Virginia
- Parent, foster parent or legal guardian of child
- Must attend Safety Seat Class
- Must sign release of liability
For more information on Child Safety Seats call (804) 717-6142 or (804) 768-7292 or complete an application at the Colonial Heights Health Department.
Newborn Metabolic Screening
- Free follow-up testing for infants found to have abnormal metabolic screenings at birth or initial metabolic testing for home deliveries.
- Case management or coordination with private medical providers are offered free of charge to families with children who have abnormal screening results.
Childhood Lead Screening
- Case management services are offered for children with elevated blood lead levels.
- Free lead testing and counseling is available for children found to be at risk for lead poisoning. Case management services are offered for children with elevated blood lead levels.