- The cadence of COVID-19 projections has been reduced to bi-weekly. This is an abbreviated interim report.
- Case rates remain high, but continue to decline statewide. The reproductive rate is below 1.0 in all of Virginia’s regions.
- New vaccinations are accruing slowly but steadily. Vaccination rates remain below community immunity levels in all regions.
- Similar to last year, holiday travel and winter weather could prompt a new surge in cases. Vaccination, including boosters when eligible, is your best protection during the holiday season.
- Stay safe during the holidays by following CDC guidance.