The CSTE Occupational Health Subcommittee is hosting an informal discussion on Wednesday, September 22 at 1:00 pm EDT for states to share activities, best practices, lessons learned, etc. on COVID-19 vaccine outreach to employers and workers.
- Weblink: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1441123366
- Telephone: (470) 869-2200 or (773) 231-9226 or (469) 445-0100 or (623) 404-9000 or (720) 902-7700
- Meeting ID: 144 112 3366
- One-Tap Mobile: +1(470)8692200,, 1441123366# or +1(773)2319226,, 1441123366# or +1(469)4450100,, 1441123366#
The CDC Clinician Outreach and Community Activity (COCA) will host a webinar Tuesday, September 28 at 2:00 pm EDT to provide an overview of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster vaccination. Clinicians will learn about the vaccine booster recommendations, safety of booster dose, and clinical guidance for using the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster vaccine. Call information is below:
- Weblink: https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1602551375?pwd=MlllclovakpROFZBU1pYNmlIZE1Ydz09
- Telephone: (660) 254-5252 or (646) 828-7666 or (669) 216-1590 or (551) 285-1373
- Webinar ID: 160 255 1375
- Passcode: 163147
- Post-Event Recording: https://emergency.cdc.gov/coca/calls/2021/callinfo_092821.asp
CSTE will host the next installment of our COVID-19 Response Membership Webinar Series on Wednesday, September 29 at 4:00 pm EDT to discuss publicly available SARS-CoV-2 sequencing and variant dashboards and recommended best practices for sharing sequence and variant information with the public. The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session. Please email questions in advance to email@example.com with “WGS Data Webinar” in the subject line. Call capacity is limited to 1,000 participants and is first-come, first-served. Call information is below:
- Weblink: https://webinar.ringcentral.com/j/1490924150
- Telephone: (470) 860-2200 [East] | (773) 231-9226 [North] | (469) 445-0100 [South] | (623) 404-9000 [West] | (720) 902-7700 [Central]
- Meeting ID: 149 092 4150
- One-Tap Mobile: +1(470)8692200,, 1490924150# [East] |+1(773)2319226,, 1490924150# [North] | +1(469)4450100,, 1490924150# [US South] | +1(623)4049000,, 1490924150# [US West] | +1(720)9027700,, 1490924150# [US Central]
During this COCA Call, presenters will discuss Post-COVID conditions (PCC), an umbrella term for the wide range of health consequences present four or more weeks after infection with SARS-CoV-2, which includes Long-COVID.
- Webinar Link , Passcode: 907646, Telephone: 669-254-5252, 646-828-7666, One-tap mobile: US: +16692545252,,1603742224#,,,,*907646#, Webinar ID: 160 374 2224
CDC will host the next installment of its monthly partner call Monday, October 4, 2021, at 3:00 PM EDT.
Dr. Jennifer Layden will share information and updates on CDC’s efforts to get people vaccinated, including current guidance on primary vaccination, status of booster doses, and CDC’s readiness to support access to vaccines, especially for those populations who are disproportionately affected by COVID-19.
The Public Health Communications Collaborative will host a webinar entitled “The Public Health Workforce: Morale, Mental Health, and Moving Forward” on Wednesday, October 6 at 1:00 pm EDT. Speakers will address the ongoing challenges of dealing with misinformation, political divides and even harassment that the public health workforce has faced throughout the pandemic. The registration link is here.
National Academy of Sciences presents Incorporating Lessons Learned during COVID-19 into Disaster Planning – Wednesday, October 6 at 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm EDT. The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented challenges for disaster planners and responders, bringing to light both shortfalls and opportunities. Join us for a discussion of lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and how those lessons can inform future planning for emergencies. Featuring Curtis Brown, State Coordinator, Virginia Department of Emergency Management. Register here.
This free event has been approved for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit /Continuing Education (CE) credit for physicians, nurses, and pharmacists.
Please share details of this panel with members of your professional organizations. This webinar is open to all healthcare professionals and all healthcare staff.
Meet Your Panelists and Moderator:
- Taison Bell, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine,
Divisions of Infectious Diseases and International
Health, & Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine,
University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Gonzalo Bearman, MD, MPH, Professor and Chair of the
Division of Infectious Disease, Richard Wenzel Professor
of Internal Medicine, Hospital Epidemiologist, VCU
School of Medicine
- Alexis Page, PharmD, BCACP, COVID-19 Vaccine
Pharmacy Coordinator, Virginia Department of Health
- Alan Dow, MD, MHSA
Seymour and Ruth Perlin Professor of Medicine and
Health Administration, Assistant Vice President of
Health Sciences for Interprofessional Education and
Collaborative Care, VCU School of Medicine
Dial In: +1-408-418-9388
Meeting Number: 132 916 5219
Webinar Link: Click Here to Join
This national media event brings together government, non-profit and private sectors, medical societies, and advocacy groups to launch the influenza season and communicate critical public health messages. Supporting organizations help to convey a strong and unified commitment to disease prevention and reinforce the importance of influenza and pneumococcal vaccination—particularly critical this season, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A list of featured panelists and to register is available here.