- Drinking Water Funding Program Details & Application Materials – updated March 2020
- Drinking Water Funding Procedural Guidelines
- Seeking and Using Disadvantaged Business Enterprises
- Professional Services Procurement, DWSRF Guidebook
- Contract Inserts for Construction Bids
- Intended Use Plans
- VA Financing Options for Waterworks
- VA Financing Options for Private Wells
- Fluoridation Grant Funding Application & Information
ATTENTION: Please note that due to COVID-19, the Application Deadline has been extended to Friday, May 15, 2020 (previously April 10th).
The Office of Drinking Water (ODW) manages two funding sources under the Financial and Construction Assistance Programs (FCAP) consisting of the:
1. Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Program
2. Water Supply Assistance Grant (WSAG) Fund Program
Construction applications for both funding sources are received on a year round basis. The Virginia DWSRF Program combines federal and state funds to offer a mix loan, grant and refinancing opportunities.
A. Construction Loan – Interest rates from 3% to ceiling rate (1% below municipal bond market rates). Maximum term 20 years. Lower rates and longer terms (to 30 years) are considered for waterworks meeting disadvantaged criteria.
B. Construction Grants – Will be considered for waterworks meeting disadvantaged criteria.
C. Force Account Construction — projects are completed with non-contractor related labor.
Planning and Design Funds – Projects up to $35,000 to be awarded. Applications accepted year-round. Funds are especially for small, disadvantaged, community waterworks.
Team Contacts by Topic of Interest
The FCAP team members are listed below. They are segregated by primary roles based on our customers’ topics of interest and most common needs.
Project Management, Compliance & Application Guidance
- Kelly.Ward@vdh.virginia.gov (804-864-7201) – Richmond
- Jack.Hinshelwood@vdh.virginia.gov (276-525-6167) – Abingdon
- Rex.Peppler@vdh.virginia.gov (276-525-6159) – Abingdon
- Anthony.Hess@vdh.virginia.gov (540-463-0419) – Lexington
- Lisa.Bailey@vdh.virginia.gov (540-463-0410) – Lexington
- Keith.Kornegay@vdh.virginia.gov (540-463-0420) – Lexington
Environmental Review Status & Guidance
- Matt.Beyer@vdh.virginia.gov (540-463-0406) – Lexington
- Khodr.Khalil@vdh.virginia.gov (804-864-8197) – Richmond
Procurement Review Status & Guidance
- Howard.Eckstein@vdh.virginia.gov (804-864-7507) – Richmond
Funding Application Status & Revisions
- Dwayne.Roadcap@vdh.virginia.gov (804-864-7522) – Richmond
Our team is spread throughout the state in the following offices:
|Abingdon Field Office
407 East Main Street, Suite 2
Abingdon, VA 24210
109 Governor Street – 6th Floor
Richmond, Virginia 23219
|Lexington Field Office
131 Walker Street
Lexington, VA 24450