The Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services welcomes Bob Page to our team as a Statewide CE Educator. Bob, who lives in Virginia, will be working in collaboration with the Division of Accreditation, Certification & Education and our Local CE Educators across the Commonwealth to provide CAT 1 CE programs to all licensed EMS agencies at no charge.
Bob will continue to offer those classes for which he is famous, however it is our goal and Bob’s wish that we transition Virginia-based CAT 1 CE courses from the traditional classroom format to focus more on simulation and real-life scenario-based training. As such, Bob will be developing new courses as well as adapting some of his existing classes to this new format.
Bob will be responsible for scheduling all training he is conducting himself. The Office of EMS and Bob will ensure that the training is fairly and adequately distributed across the state.
All training conducted by Bob will require the host training site to be open to providers from across the Commonwealth. Bob will make use of Eventbrite as the ticketing agent for the programs he offers in order to ensure fairness to everyone and to guarantee every participant a seat at the session.
Requirements to Host Training Through this Program
If your agency wishes to make use of one of our state funded EMS educators, then your agency must agree to the following OEMS requirements:
- No fees of any kind may be charged for the event.
- Online ticketing must be used to ensure everyone is treated fairly.
- A maximum of 50% of online tickets may be reserved for the hosting agency’s membership.
- 50% of the tickets must be made available for other EMS providers from around the Commonwealth without discrimination.
- Any unreserved/unsold ticket—24 hours prior to the event taking place—may be returned to the hosting agency for their use.
- The agency must allow the Office of EMS to advertise the program.
- The Office of EMS—to include the OEMS and VDH logo—is to be listed as the sponsoring agency on all distributed e-mail messages, advertisements, brochures and flyers.
- The host agency must allow pictures and/or video taken at the event to be used on our social media accounts and website.
In addition to offering simulation and real-life scenario-based training in the field, Bob will also oversee the development of a new, interactive hour-long replacement program for the old monthly EMSAT broadcasts. The Office is aiming to bring this new—yet to be named—program online in January 2020. The programs will be conducted via webinar making use of the existing EMSAT Host Sites. Tracie Jones in the Division of Accreditation, Certification & Education will coordinate with Bob to ensure Host Sites receive the necessary access credentials to view the program. CE for these programs will be recorded initially by paper-based CE cards, but will be transition to electronic reporting over the next 6 months.
We are pleased to welcome Bob to the Office and we look forward to offering quality simulation and real-life scenario-based CAT 1 CE programming to Virginia EMS agencies and providers for years to come.
How to Contact Bob:
All communication and request for classes through this program must flow through official state government channels. Bob can be reached via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org and his OEMS cell phone number is: 804-998-3623.