The Virginia Department of Health and Virginia National Guard are providing Respiratory Fit Testing Train-the-Trainer courses. The course purpose is to ensure organizations that have staff that wear N95 respirators have qualified staff to provide respirator fit testing. In addition, the attendee can train others in the proper procedures for fit testing. This training is for qualitative testing using a hood and not quantitative testing.
Other Important Notes
- Reserve a training room that
- is accessible
- can accommodate 20 people with social distancing
- has a blank wall or screen
- has parking for participants
- Morning (9:00-11:30 am) or afternoon (1:30 - 4:00 pm) training sessions are offered.
- More than one session can be requested by an organization.
- Suggestion -- reserve a room for a full day and schedule a morning session. If the morning session fills, an afternoon session can be added.
- Training sessions capacity is limited to 6 (minimum) - 20 (maximum) participants.
- Exact numbers are based on room size and social distancing requirements.
- VDH will
- schedule the session(s) with the trainers
- publish session(s) on the VDH OEP N95 training webpage
- set up the registration for the session(s)
- Once scheduled, the requester will receive a confirmation.
- A template email message and flyer can be used to promote the training can be found below: