Information for Campgrounds Regarding COVID-19: Restrictions on Businesses, Public Gatherings and Physical Distancing.
Businesses must strictly adhere to the physical distancing guidelines, enhanced cleaning and
disinfection practices, and enhanced workplace safety practices provided in the “Guidelines for All Business Sectors ” document. They must also adhere to the following additional requirements:
- Post signage at the entrance that states that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, a positive diagnostic test for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the prior ten days, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in their prior 14 days is permitted in the establishment.
- Post signage at the entrance of all indoor areas stating that patrons must wear a mask in accordance with Fifth Amended Executive Order 72.
- Post signage to provide public health reminders regarding physical distancing, gatherings, options for high risk individuals, and staying home if sick.
- No gatherings of greater than 50 people in one indoor location are allowed. No gatherings of greater than 100 people in one outdoor location are allowed.
- On site retail, recreation and fitness, cabins, and food establishments must follow the requirements and guidelines specific to those establishments.
- Employees are required to wear masks over their nose and mouth while working at their place of employment.
- Patrons must wear masks over their nose and mouth in accordance with Section II of Executive Order 72 while in any public spaces.
- Promote frequent and thorough hand washing, including by providing employees, customers, visitors, the general public, and other persons entering into the place of employment with a place to wash their hands. If soap and running water are not immediately available, provide hand sanitizers. Additional hand hygiene requirements for Virginia employees and employers can be found in the Department of Labor and Industry’s Final Permanent Standard for Infectious Disease Prevention of the SARSCoV-2 Virus that Causes COVID-19. Further hand hygiene guidance can be found on the CDC website. A CDC training video is available here: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/videos.html.
- If any such business cannot adhere to these requirements, it must close.
For additional information, please visit these webpages:
- List of EPA-registered disinfectants – https://www.americanchemistry.com/Novel-Coronavirus-Fighting-Products-List.pdf
- CDC’s guidance for cleaning and disinfecting – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/cleaning-disinfection.html
- CDC’s guidance for businesses and employers – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- For printable resources, please visit CDC’s webpage: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/factsheets.html