The Adult Fatality Review in Virginia Communities: Team Protocol and Resource Manual will be posted on this website in three stages. The section currently available will help you to get started and establish your team. Resources to support the building of team capacity through training and community outreach will be added in October of 2015. Materials for capturing information from reviews and sharing team findings and recommendations with your community will be posted in January of 2016.
- Adult Fatality Review in Virginia Communities: Team Protocol and Resource Manual
- Part I: Establishing a Team
- Part II: Building Team Capacity (Available October 2015)
- Part III: Reporting on Findings and Recommendations (Available January 2015)
- 2004 Report of the Department of Social Services, Virginia Adult Fatality Review Team: Preventing Fatal Abuse and Neglect of Virginia’s Vulnerable Adults
- Virginia Family and Intimate Partner Fatality Review Protocol and Resource Manual, 3rd Edition (Provides additional guidance and resources that might apply to AFRTs)
- Elder Abuse Fatality Review Teams: A Replication Manual*** (American Bar Association, 2005)
- Gone Without a Case: Suspicious Elder Deaths Rarely Investigated (ProPublica and PBS’ Frontline: December 21, 2011).
- Multidisciplinary Elder Abuse Prevention Teams: A New Generation (NCEA, 2003)
- New Hampshire Incapacitated Adult Fatality Review Committee
- Maine Elder Death Analysis Review Team
For more information about Adult Fatality Review in Virginia:
Ryan Diduk-Smith, PhD, MPH
Director, Division of Death Prevention
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner