The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has established a recognition program for Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and Patient -Centered Specialty Practices (PCSP).
- Program recognizes providers for their commitment to access, communication, care coordination, case management, and patient-centered clinical care to promote optimal health and quality of life
- PCMH program: primary care provider
- PCSP program: the specialist provider
- The Virginia Medical Neighborhood portal will help provide resources for those providers seeking these national recognitions
Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Program
- There are an estimated 1.8 million children under the age of 18 in Virginia and approximately 7,000 of these are served by the CYSHCHN
- The trend in the CYSHCN population is for the parent to utilize the specialist primarily for care due to the complexity of treatment with chronic illness.
- The Care Connection for Children (CCC) program within the CYSHCN frequently assists with care coordination between the specialist and the primary care provider.
American Academy of Pediatrics Policy Statement: The Medical Home
This policy statement from the American Academy of Pediatrics provides a definition and framework for the pediatric medical home and its core components.
Building Your Medical Home: An Introduction to Pediatric Primary Care Transformation
Created by the National Center for Medical Home Implementation, this online resource guide provides direction, resources, and tools to pediatric medical home clinicians and practices seeking to advance their knowledge and understanding of the medical home concept as it relates to practice transformation.
Patient- and Family- Centered Care Coordination: A Framework for Integrating Care for Children and Youth across Multiple Systems .
This policy statement from the American Academy of Pediatrics provides a definition and framework for care coordination and integration across systems.
Fostering Partnership and Teamwork in the Pediatric Medical Home: A “How-To” Video Series
This 3-part video series provides step-by-step instructions on increasing family-centered care and team work.
Pediatric Care Coordination: Beyond Policy, Practice, and Implementation, a Webinar Series
A series of webinars expanding on the American Academy of Pediatrics statement on policy of care coordination and medical home. The webinars provides guidance, tools and resources for implementing care coordination in a pediatric practice and across multiple care systems within the community; it also includes information on how to measure these efforts