The Baby Care program is a Medicaid-sponsored home visiting program for pregnant women and mothers of infants and children up to the age of two. When your baby is born and until he/she is two years old, Baby Care will help you learn about your child’s growth and development, and help you find regular medical care.
A Registered Nurse will help you learn about:
- How to have a healthy pregnancy
- How to have a healthy baby
- How to find health services for my baby and me
- How my baby is growing and learning
- How to keep my baby safe
- Healthy eating for my baby and me
- How to be a good parent
- Importance of regular doctor visits
- How to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Family Immunizations
Having a baby is a big change in your life. A Baby Care nurse can answer your questions and help you work through any problems you have while you are pregnant and after your baby is born. She is there to support you and help you and your baby have a healthy, happy life.
To make a referral to the Baby Care program or for questions about the Plan of Safe Care, please contact:
Mary Anne Hall, RN, BSN, Public Health Nurse Senior
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: What to Expect