September 28, 2021
Media Contact: Brookie Crawford, public information officer, email@example.com
Chesterfield Health District Offering Pfizer-BioNTech Booster COVID-19 Vaccines
(CHESTERFIELD, Va.) — The Virginia Department of Health’s Chesterfield Health District will offer COVID-19 vaccine boosters for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The booster vaccine can be obtained any time after six months from the date of a second Prifer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
“The COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness decreases slowly at six months, but people still have strong protection again severe illness, hospitalization, and death,” said Director of the Chesterfield Health District Alexander Samuel, M.D., MPH. “It’s recommended that the booster dose is given six months or more after the second shot. Individuals who do not receive a booster will still be considered fully vaccinated.”
According to the CDC, those eligible for a Pfizer-BioNTech booster dose include:
- people 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least six months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series,
- people aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least six months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series,
- people aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least six months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks, and
- people aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least six months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks.
The Chesterfield Health District is one of many booster vaccine providers in this health district. The health district is operating the Rockwood Vaccination Center (RVC) located at 10161 Hull Street Road, Midlothian, which is open as follows:
- Mondays, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Thursdays, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Saturdays, 9 a.m. to noon
Walk-ins are welcome, but registering for a vaccination appointment is encouraged. You can sign up for appointments at www.vaccines.gov. If you are coming for your booster dose, please bring your vaccine card to confirm the date and type of vaccine you received in your second dose.
In addition to the booster shots, the clinic will offer first and second doses of all the COVID-19 vaccines at no cost to the public. The Moderna vaccine and the single-dose Johnson & Johnson are available for anyone 18 and older. The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is available for anyone 12 and older. A parent or guardian must accompany anyone under 18.
Chesterfield Health District encourages all eligible persons to get their COVID-19 vaccine if they haven’t already done so. To find a convenient, free vaccination location near you, please visit vaccinate.virginia.gov or call 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682, TTY users call 7-1-1). Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine, its safety and answers to frequently asked questions at VDH’s website and CDC’s website.
# # #