June 30, 2020
Media Contact: Will Drewery, 757-435-4428
COVID-19 Testing Coming to Southampton County
The Western Tidewater Health District in partnership with the Western Tidewater Medical Reserve Corps and Southampton County will be offering pop-up community-based testing for COVID-19 at several sites across the County from July 6 –8, 2020. The testing availability will be on a first come, first served basis. Residents who wish to be tested are asked to bring a photo ID.
“The Western Tidewater Health District and the Virginia Department of Health are very excited to work alongside the local governments and community stakeholders to provide this testing opportunity to the citizens of Southampton County. This testing event further supports Governor Northam and his Testing Task Force’s goal and direction to match COVID-19 testing capacity with testing availability at the most local level.” said Dr. Todd Wagner, district health director.
Testing will be at the following sites:
- Monday July 6, 2020: 1-3 p.m. Southampton County Health Department 26220 Administration Center Drive, Courtland, VA
- Tuesday July 7, 2020:9 – 11 a.m. Ivor Volunteer Fire Department, 8295 Main Street, Ivor, VA
- Tuesday July 7, 2020: 1 – 3 p.m. Southampton Meadows Trailer Park Office, 33536 Phillips Street, Franklin, VA
- Wednesday July 8, 2020: 9 – 11 a.m. Drewryville Volunteer Fire Department, 22368 Drewry Road, Drewryville, VA
- Wednesday July 8, 2020: 1 – 3 p.m. Boykins Volunteer Fire Department, 18127 N. Railroad Avenue, Boykins, VA
For more information, call 757-562-6109.