June 9, 2021
Media Contact: Kathy Stewart, Kathy.Stewart@vdh.virginia.gov
Information Update: Virtual Remembrance Ceremony for the +2,000 COVID-19 Deaths in Northern Virginia
(Manassas, VA) – Tonight’s virtual remembrance ceremony will honor and remember the more than 2,350 friends, neighbors and loved ones in Northern Virginia who have died since last March due to COVID-19.
Prince William County – 499 deaths
Manassas City – 47 deaths
Manassas Park – 11 deaths
The virtual remembrance ceremony will be live-streamed beginning at 6:00 this evening at https://loom.ly/92ConeQ. Our colleagues in Fairfax County are hosting the ceremony.
Hospitalizations and Adolescents with COVID
A report last week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows an increase in hospitalizations among adolescents (12-17 year olds) with severe cases of COVID-19.
- Children 12 to 17 are eligible to be vaccinated.
- Pfizer is the only COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use in children 12 to 17.
The Community Vaccination Center (CVC) offers the Pfizer vaccine.
- Hours: Monday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Location: 14041 Worth Ave., Woodbridge, VA 22192 (former Gander Mountain store)
- Vaccine Type: Pfizer vaccine (12 and older) and Johnson and Johnson vaccine (18 and older)
- Walk-ins: CVC offers some walk-ins, especially for those wanting the J&J vaccine
- For appointments: https://vase.vdh.virginia.gov/vdhapps/f?p=vasereg:vaccinationappointments (After getting to the VASE website, enter “22192” for the zip code.)
Mobile Pfizer Clinic – Grayson Village in Dumfries
When: Wednesday, June 9
Hours: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Where: 17240 Dumfries Road, Dumfries, VA 22026
Vaccine: Pfizer (12 and older)
For appointments: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/8050945afad2ea5f85-grayson
Visit www.vaccines.gov or text your zip code to GETVAX (438829) to find vaccine appointments.