April 21, 2021
Media Contact: Daniel Hunsucker, health educator, firstname.lastname@example.org , 276-328-1904
LENOWISCO Health District Encourages Residents to Schedule COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
(Wise, Va.) – The LENOWISCO Health District encourages all residents age 16 and over to schedule an appointment for their COVID-19 vaccine.
All residents age 16 and older of the Commonwealth and United States are now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine. LENOWISCO Health District residents can schedule an appointment by:
- visiting vaccinate.virginia.gov to see appointments for pharmacies and health system providers (click “VaccineFinder”), and other current COVID-19 information,
- visiting vdh.virginia.gov/lenowisco/appointments/ for local health department clinics,
- calling their local health department to schedule over the phone,
- Lee County: 276-346-2011
- Scott County: 276-386-1312
- Wise County/Norton City: 276-328-8000, or
- calling 1-877-VAX-IN-VA to schedule an appointment.
LENOWISCO Health District will no longer be using the vaccinate.virginia.gov pre-registration list, since all residents are now eligible to schedule an appointment.
“We are seeing an increase in cases and percent positivity in our region,” said Dr. Karen Shelton, interim health director. “Variants are becoming more common throughout the region and state, and we are in a race against the variants to vaccinate as many people as quickly as possible, to prevent increased illness, hospitalization, and deaths.”
# # #