April 20, 2021
Media Contact: Breanne Forbes Hubbard, population health manager, Breanne.firstname.lastname@example.org, 276-759-8297
Mount Rogers Health District Encourages Residents to Schedule COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
(Marion, Va.) – The Mount Rogers Health District encourages all residents 16 and over to schedule an appointment for their COVID-19 vaccine.
All residents 16 and older of the Commonwealth and United States are now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine. Mount Rogers Health District residents can schedule an appointment by:
- visiting org/ to see appointments for pharmacies and health system providers,
- visiting vdh.virginia.gov/mount-rogers/appointments/ for local health department clinics,
- calling their local health department to schedule over the phone,
- calling 1-877-VAX-IN-VA to schedule an appointment.
Mount Rogers Health District will no longer be using the vaccinate.virginia.gov pre-registration list, since all residents are now eligible to schedule an appointment.
“We are seeing an increase in cases and percent positivity in our region,” said Dr. Karen Shelton, health director. “Variants are becoming more common throughout the region and state, and we are in a race against the variants to vaccinate as many people as quickly as possible, to prevent increased illness, hospitalization, and deaths.”
Local health department phone numbers:
- Bland County: (276) 688-3642
- Bristol City: (276) 642-7335
- Carroll County: (276) 730-3180
- Galax City: (276) 236-6127
- Grayson County: (276) 773-2961
- Smyth County: (276) 781-7460
- Washington County: (276) 676-5604 or (276) 696-0110
- Wythe County: (276) 228-5507
For more information about COVID-19 vaccination, visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine. For details on COVID-19 vaccination in Mount Rogers Health District, visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/mount-rogers/.
# # #