May 13, 2021
Media Contact: Kathy Stgewart, Kathy.Stewart@vdh.virginia.gov
NOW 12 to 15-YEAR-OLDS CAN GET VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA – Starting today, 12- to 15-year-olds in the Prince William Health District can get a vaccination against COVID-19 using the Pfizer vaccine.
On Wednesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) authorized the use of the Pfizer vaccine in 12- to 15-year-olds. Earlier this week, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized the use of Pfizer in this age group.
- The decision by the FDA and CDC to expand and recommend the use of the vaccine among adolescents followed an in-depth review of available safety and efficacy data.
- Currently, the other two approved COVID-19 vaccines, Moderna and Johnson and Johnson, are not approved for anyone under 18.
COMMUNITY VACCINATION CENTER
The Community Vaccination Center (CVC) in Woodbridge, at the old Gander Mountain store, will start vaccinating 12- to 15-year-olds with the Pfizer vaccine beginning tomorrow, Friday, May 14.
Address: Former Gander Mountain store at 14011 Worth Avenue, Woodbridge.
CVC Hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Saturday
CVC Appointment Requirements for 12- to 15-Year-Olds:
- 12- to 15-year-olds MUST have a parent or guardian with them at the CVC.
- If the adolescent is accompanied by a guardian, it has to be a legal guardian and the guardian must have proof of their guardianship.
- The parent or guardian will verbally attest for the adolescent’s age.
- Appointments are highly recommended.
- Go to vdh.virginia.gov, for Distance Range, you must enter “25-miles” and search for Vaccine Type “Pfizer.”
Additional Vaccination Appointment Resources:
- Go to virginia.gov and search for locations offering Pfizer vaccine.
- You can also call Virginia’s call center at 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682).
- The call center hours are 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. seven days a week. But will change on Monday, May 17, to 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays.
- You can reach out to your child’s pediatrician or primary care provider and see if they are providing Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.a